League of Legends - Katarina (Twist of Fate Cinematic) - Fanime 2015

On a whim I asked Jane to be the Katarina to my Garen. I honestly didn't expect her to say yes. In fact for the first month of the project I thought she was pulling my leg, so when she showed up to the shop to get some work done on the weapons I was a bit in shock.

Here are the references.





Before she showed up I gave her some prep work for patterning. Hopefully if folks read the document they'll get a better understanding of how this whole build will go.

Check it out here! 

Part of the prep was for Jane to draft out a pattern. She did so prior to arrival.

">

The blades were cut from plywood using a bandsaw.



The wood was then treated with Bondo auto body filler in order to have a smooth surface for the detailing to rest on, and for paint to be laid on top of. Finally the PVC foam for the blade bevels was glued as well.



Beveled the edges of the PVC foam with an angle grinder. Far right blade is beveled. Rest are not.



Added hand guards using 6mm PVC. They would slide neatly onto the dagger prior to us finishing the handle.





Cut out all of the little detail bits using a scroll saw.









Armor was made using PVC foam and 3D stickers. I only instructed Jane on how to do this, otherwise this was all her.















Debuted at Fanime 2015 alongside Garen.









2 comments:

  1. Just throwing this out there, but what do you think of cosplaying Ryouma from Fire Emblem: Fates? You fit the part quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.
    free lol game card

    ReplyDelete